|Old Emblem||New Emblem|
The emblem of the Seminary, which first appeared in 1927, signifies many things. It (the coat of arms) illustrates clearly our origin and what we stand for. The three daggers show the martyrdom of our patron saint Mar Thoma (St. Thomas) the founder of our church. The open book and the light point out our mission to enlighten everyone in the dark through free distribution of knowledge and the stalks of rice and the husk indicate the spirit of our Master self sacrifice in which spirit we are striving in our way to reach the goal before us. The words in Sanskrit means, 'Light from knowledge, and life from death'. Once the Church accepted its motto as "Lighted to Lighten", the banner caption was changed to "Lighted to Lighten".